Can Santa Cruz grow into a tech hub?
Read this trilogy by Xconomy’s Wade Roush. Kudos to Wade for diving in and telling our story, with all of the nuances, blemishes, and challenges.
Two great 1-evening classes coming up June 14 and 21. Register online at City of Santa Cruz Parks & Rec or call 831-420-5270. http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/index.aspx?page=540
- Get the Best Online “Local Search” Results! Tue, June 14, 6:30-9:30pm at NextSpace. $68 for one evening class. #14476
- Before You Hire Your Web Designer or Developer! Tue, June 21, 6:30-9:30pm at NextSpace. $68 for one evening class. #14475
|Get the Best Online “Local Search” Results! Tue June 14, 6:30-9:30pm at NextSpace, #14476 w/ Kathy Long.
Gone are the days of Yellow Page ads. Now everyone is searching online for local businesses. This class is designed for local businesses serving local clientele. Come learn how to position your local business above the competition in Google, and get an intro to other tools available. You’ll learn how to: Create and optimize your Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook Place accounts so that you rise to the top; Show up in searches for multiple cities; Optimize your website so that Google Places favors you: Get an introduction to online marketing options available for local businesses such as Groupon, Facebook Deals, Google Burst, and mobile marketing. Kathy Long, local search expert will be our special guest instructor. Kathy’s passion is working with local businesses, getting them to #1 on Google. Visit http://katandmouse.com. Co-instructor Sara Isenberg helps clients plan and manage web, email marketing, and social media projects. Visit http://saraisenberg.com.
Register online or call 831-420-5270:
|Before You Hire Your Web Designer or Developer! Tue June 21, 6:30-9:30pm, at NextSpace, #14475.
We will explore how to get ready effectively for a website overhaul or new website-before you hire your web designer or developer. Topics include: design, brand, voice, navigation, information architecture, content, Content Management Systems (CMS), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), how to select a web designer/developer, and more. Instructor Sara Isenberg is a web consultant and project manager who helps clients plan and manage web, email marketing, and social media projects. Visit http://saraisenberg.com.
Register online or call 831-420-5270:
Questions? Contact me!
There are some great events coming up in Santa Cruz this week, Oct 2-6, 2010:
- Freelance Camp Santa Cruz is this Saturday, October 2, 2010 It’s a one-day unconference on how to run a better freelance or small service business. Learn more about Freelance Camps in general here: http://freelancecamp.org/ and Register for THIS Santa Cruz camp here: http://freelancecampsc2010.eventbrite.com/
- What’s Next Lectures is Tuesday, October 5th 7 PM at the Rio Theater in downtown Santa Cruz. This event will feature Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix, and Sarah Lacy, award-winning author and columnist for TechCrunch. Details http://whatsnextlectures.com/. Purchase tickets here: http://researchanddevelopment.eventbrite.com/
- Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup is Wednesday, October 6th at 6:30 PM. Details are here: http://www.meetup.com/santacruznewtech/calendar/14772126/
See you there!
I love it when colleagues share their technical tips and resources! This is the beauty of the Geek List and the NextSpace List in action.
Chris Burbridge, friend and colleague at Nextspace, just shared the following tips and resources for improving MacBook Pro performance.
If your Mac has begun to slow…
I began to get frustrated … my 2 1/2 -year-old beloved MacBook Pro began to get slower and slower … Of course, since everything’s supposed to be so automatic on the Mac, it was a bit hard to get data on what was going on.
My Mac is back to normal! This definitely improves my professional life substantially. Makes a huge difference.
I had to share this.
Thanks for sharing, Chris!